Removal of VAT rounding functionality
On 28th February 2017 we are removing the VAT rounding toggle feature. If you create an invoice that has multiple line items, the system will no longer automatically add a penny rounding adjustment as a new line item.
Our goal at Clear Books is to keep things clear and simple and the following updates are part of our ongoing efforts to simplify the complexity of the software and improve its quality. It can be confusing for businesses and consumers receiving invoices with an unusual ‘vat adjustment line’ particularly as other invoice generating software do not have this feature.
Some account codes are now protected
Some account codes in Clear Books, such as CIS related accounting codes and retained earnings, are important because they have special functionality linked to them. Up until this point is has been possible to amend these account codes.
To improve quality we have taken the decision to protect a small number of account codes from being renamed or edited. The account codes affected are: 1001003, 1002001, 1002002, 1002003, 2001003, 2002001, 2002002, 2002003, 7503001, 8503001, and 9001002.
New email for users invited into an account
If you invite a user into your account they will now receive an email, with an updated template, alerting them to the invite.
- Journals imported that do not balance are prevented from being created
- The bank statement explain scrolling is smoother
- If Product items is toggled on then delivery notes show the name of an item in the description in the same way that invoices have always done
- The top 5 account code dashboard widget links through to related report with date range correctly set
- If Multicurrency is toggled on then all currencies are ticked by default with the ability to select/deselect all
- If trying to revalue a bank account that is in a locked accounting period then validation warning alerts the user
- If trying to sign up to Clear Books using an email address that already exists then an email is sent with a password reminder
Allocate a payment against a credit note
A highly requested feature from customers has been to allocate a payment against a credit note. We plan to introduce this functionality as well as some wider quality improvements to support this.
Other improvements include (1) allowing allocations of payments against refunds on the bank import tool and (2) providing the ability to reconcile payments on the bank import tool to refunds.
VAT returns prior to 2010 to be read only
We plan to make VAT returns prior to 2010 read only. These VAT returns run on legacy code and to improve the quality of the software we are archiving its functionality. In the unlikely event you need to submit a VAT return prior to 2010 then do so directly with HMRC.
VAT rates on non EU invoices
We plan to no longer show a VAT rate on invoices where the VAT treatment is set as non-EU.
VAT on payments on account
We plan to introduce functionality to calculate the VAT on payments on account and include this on VAT returns.
If you have any questions then please get in touch.