Whether you’re a brand new practice or looking to grow your existing client base, these tips will help you to achieve your goal over the year ahead.
1. Review your processes
Working on growing your practice takes time, especially when taking this on alongside your existing work commitments. To put yourself in the best position to expand your business, it’s worth reviewing your current processes to see where you can save some time.
Speeding up the bookkeeping is a great place to start and there are lots of time-saving tricks in Clear Books to help you:
- Set up bank feeds – Get an auto-updated view of your clients’ transactions, without having to chase them!
- Get your clients involved with the mobile app – Clients can get their invoices & receipts into Clear Books on the go. No more late or lost records turning up on deadline day
- Make use of automation tools – Let Clear Books manage the small things, so you don’t have to
- Set up GoCardless to automate payment collection – Payments collected and allocated without having to lift a finger
For more information on these time-saving features take a look at our blog post – Time Savers – Clear Books’ top tools for improving efficiency >>
2. Make yourself visible
Whilst it used to be that businesses would search in their local newspaper for an accountant, the digital age has meant that businesses are no longer restricted by location when choosing a practice to work with. With increased competition for accounting services, it’s vital to have an online presence and ensure potential clients can find you. Things to think about:
Get an up to date website
According to the Expert Market, “having a website can increase a businesses turnover by around 45%. Despite this, it is estimated that around two million UK businesses still don’t have one.” So, first things first, make sure you have a website set up for your practice and that it’s up to date. Businesses looking for an accountant need to be able to learn a little bit more about your practice, the services you provide, and most importantly, have access to your contact details.
Promote yourself on social media
Social media platforms are a great place for networking and strengthening your online presence. Whether you’re setting up a LinkedIn, Twitter or even an Instagram account, you can use social media accounts to modernise your business. It’ll help you:
- Provide potential clients with more information about your practice
- Post useful updates e.g. HMRC filing deadlines
- Share creative content e.g. a help guide you’ve put together for your clients or an update on a new service your practice is providing
- Connect with other accountants and businesses
- Show off your company culture
Social media posts are a form of Content Marketing. Statistics from the Content Marketing Institute show that having a social media presence and posting regularly generates 3 times as many leads as any other form of outbound marketing, all whilst costing 62% less! So what are you waiting for?
3. Your Clear Books account manager can help!
Your dedicated account manager is not only there to ensure everything runs smoothly on Clear Books, but we’re also here to understand and help you achieve your goals. If you’ve got plans to grow over the year ahead, let your account manager know and we could support you in the following ways:
- Advising you on the best product for your clients – We at Clear Books know that no two businesses are exactly the same, that’s why we provide a range of easy to use solutions to support differing requirements and collaboration styles. Get in touch to understand the options available so you can provide new clients with the most clear & simple solution to suit them
- Onboarding support – Your account manager can help you quickly get new accounts up and running by either teaching you speedy set-up tricks or managing the process for you
- Client training – We want to make it as easy as possible for you and your clients to use our system. Focus your time on advising your clients, whilst we take the time to train them up on Clear Books. Book in a free 30-minute webinar session to get them up to speed today
Don’t have an account manager? Contact sales on 0800 862 0202